21 August, 2006

Bugs everywhere, man! Get 'em off! Get 'em off!

I was surrounded by bugs, they kept coming at me and I kept firing at them. From my shoulder, my M41A Pulse Rifle chattered away, the rounds flew forth like bees from a hive. Bees of death spewing from a hive of destruction.

95 rounds and 10 grenades. Reload.

95 rounds and 10 grenades. Reload.

Vampirella was yelling something at me, Murri was flying all around, blasting the bugs from the skies. Finally, I snapped to just enough to hear what Vampirella was shouting.

"Hudson, grab three skulls and tails of some of the ones that have been killed and head out of the structure!" She yelled, barely able to stand. "I have to find Miari."

Ew, body parts of the Xenomorphs were all around me and I didn't want to touch those things. There was goo and acid blood all over, nonetheless, I started collecting parts and shoving them into my acid blood-resistant rucksack.

At this point for some reason, my USCM commlink started pinging. It was a message from some woman I never met named Oike Dokee or something. She tagged me with a meme:

1. Grab the nearest book: The United Space Colonial Marine Corps Drill and Ceremonies Manual
2. Open the book to page 123 Check
3. Find the fifth sentence. Roger
4. Post the text of it and the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions. Affirmative:

c. Formations used by the company are line, column (of threes, etc..), mass, extended mass, and column of platoons in line. In all these formations, the platoons which comprise the company will either be in line (each squad forming one rank) or in column (each squad forming one file). The company may also form column of twos or files in a manner similar to that prescribed for a platoon, in which case the platoons are arranged as in column, except that each platoon is in column of twos or files. Formation of the company for drills and ceremonies, to include posts of officers and key noncommissioned officers, are shown in figures 9-1 through 9-5.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest. Wilco
6. Tag three people ... Confirmed. Jon, Magdelina, Pantha.

With that nasty bit of business out of the way, I can continue on with my mission.

Things have quieted down just abit, the rushes from the bugs have dwindled. They always keep coming until they can't anymore, but maybe their numbers are too depleted for them to put up a fight. Then I looked back and I saw something that I haven't ever seen before...

"Bill? Behind us?" Vampirella was trying to draw my attention to it.

"Um Vampi, that is new! I never seen a Xenomorph quite like that!" I yelled back. I didn't dare take my eyes off it.



"What do you mean you have never seen one like that?" she yelled almost frantically.

"I mean I haven't ever seen a bug like that before!" I yelled again. It almost looked like a hybrid. Like some sort of cross between two dangerous aliens or something. "It doesn't matter, I'll take care of 'im!"

I raised my rifle and pointed it right at the creature. Breathing out carefully, I squeezed the trigger.

Click.

6 Comments:

At 23/8/06 10:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eww you got splogged

 
At 23/8/06 13:57, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

BUGSSS!!! AAGGHHHH!! GET 'EM OFF ME, MAN!!!!

 
At 23/8/06 13:58, Blogger Professor Xavier said...

Oh, it was just some light rain? Sorry. Never mind.

 
At 28/8/06 13:27, Blogger Private Hudson said...

Ahhh Splog! Get it off! Get it off!

 
At 29/8/06 12:15, Blogger Pantha said...

dang you really got splogged

hey where are you

 
At 29/8/06 17:10, Blogger Private Hudson said...

I don't know, Pantha. I think I'm trapped somewhere. Where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home